Grovelands CSR Mission Statement – “Investing in the future”
At Grovelands we believe Corporate Social Responsibility is about investing in the future. We aim to do this by our continuing commitment to behave ethically, contributing to economic development, improving the quality of life of the workforce and their families, as well as positively impacting the local community and society.
The Grovelands approach to CSR
We are working to increase CSR awareness among each and every employee at Grovelands by committing to a CSR programme which is tangible, practical and ‘fits’ with the values of our company.
We have developed the Grovelands CSR key areas around the core values of the company; Quality, People, Pace & Energy and Integrity.
CSR will be underpinned by and imbedded into the company values with the support of the following documents:
- Grovelands Diversity Policy
- Environmental Policy
- Grovelands Employee Code of Conduct
- Anti-bribery and Corruption Policy
Four Key CSR areas:
1. Market Place – suppliers, clients, candidates
We are committed to ensuring our business is conducted according to rigorous professional, ethical and legal standards. As well as our values, our Code of Conduct, Diversity Policies, and Anti-Bribery and Corruption Policy support this.
We recognise the importance of an ethical supply chain and we are committed to developing secure relationships based on mutual trust for mutual benefit.
2. Workplace – Our employees
Our Employee Forum, which began in 2016, aims to provide a positive, creative environment to suggest ways for employees to feel there is open communication, understand company objectives, feel valued and recognised in their role, feel able to contribute to decisions, and have a good sense of life/work balance.
Our employees are the foundation of our success and we aim to nurture their potential and encourage their development. Each employee has a personal development plan based around their requirements and aspirations.
We reward and recognise our employees through fair pay and a full benefits package. Our Diversity Policy further explains our commitment to our employees.
We endorse freedom of association with, and recognition of, collective bargaining. We always consult meaningfully with employees on any changes in relation to their terms and conditions of employment, regardless of numbers. Grovelands does not sanction forced or child labour.
We are fully committed to understanding the importance of the role we play in protecting the environment in which we operate. We are aware that business activities result in an impact on the environment and we will strive to continually reduce this impact and improve our environmental responsibility.
We aim (amongst others) to reduce this impact and improve our environmental performance by:
- Ensuring that all activities comply with or exceed regulatory controls or codes of practice where they are available. In the absence of specific regulation, all activities are carried out in an environmentally responsible manner with due regard for the community in which we operate.
- Conserving natural resources by the use of energy management, recycling and other appropriate means and dealing with suppliers and contractors who actively share our goals.
- Promoting the use of public transport where appropriate by encouraging our employees to participate in its ‘Cycle to Work’ scheme and season ticket loan scheme.
- Reducing our carbon footprint by encouraging video conferencing.
- Making all employees aware of our Environmental Policy to improve environmental awareness and allocate clear responsibilities.
- Reviewing and updating operating systems and procedures to ensure adherence to the Environmental Policy.
“I love the fact that we have Charity Days as it allows me to devote extra time to a cause I really believe in, all with the backing of Grovelands.”