The Grovelands Relationship Management team is an invaluable resource for graduate contractors. They can provide in-depth knowledge on how the client works professionally, as well as offering support with timesheets.
At Grovelands we pride ourselves on having a dedicated Relationship Management team, who ensure that our associates and clients have a smooth working experience with us. This is one of the many qualities that sets us apart from our competitors and we believe relationship management is an invaluable part of our process – especially for graduates.
Graduate associates and clients have a lot to gain from relationship management. Relationship Managers (RMs) offer help and guidance to both the associate and client from the very beginning of their working relationship. It is a great way to ensure that both parties feel supported and confident throughout the process.
This service is especially useful for graduates who have just embarked on their contracting career, as our RMs are always on hand to provide additional support and guidance whenever needed.
What does a Relationship Manager do?
Prior to an associate’s placement, a Grovelands RM will provide in-depth knowledge on how the client operates professionally, the culture of the company and what to expect on the first day.
This is then followed up by regular site visits by the RM, which associates will be notified of via email or text. These visits are a handy tool for both RMs and associates as they enable confidential meetings or group discussions about any issues relating to the project.
The RM visits are also very beneficial for clients as regular meetings can be held to discuss associates’ performance and behaviour. Any necessary action can then be taken following these meetings.
What are the benefits of relationship management?
Constant contact between Relationship Managers, Team Leaders and associates has a number of benefits:
- The client will have confidence that the RM can handle difficult situations and take appropriate action with the contractors, from disciplinaries to news of promotions.
- An RM can give advice on any issues or queries an associate may have in relation to their work or contract.
- For some of our clients, RMs will provide graduates with an induction meeting the week before they start their placement. This is a great opportunity for the associate and RM to meet and discuss in more detail what is expected of them during the contract.
- For first-time contractors, support and advice is given on how to submit timesheets and invoices, along with answering any queries relating to their contract, operating structure, etc.
- RMs can provide graduates with further information on professional qualifications that could help accelerate their career.
- When a graduate’s contract is coming to an end, the RM can give help and advice on their next steps; whether that be in contracting or migrating to a permanent position.
This process can also be of huge benefit to Grovelands, as it allows us to provide a better service to both our associates and candidates. Feedback on recent intakes is given to the RM by the client, which allows our resourcing teams to tailor their approach according to how they see the work developing.
In addition, RMs can oversee and help with the delivery of any new or existing projects by utilising their network and personal contacts. It could even be said that Relationship Managers are SMEs for our clients!